Sunday, October 29, 2006

Not "THAT" Picture!!

Well, we weren't able to get tickets for the rally at Busch Stadium. DH and I decided to just stay home and enjoy the parade on TV rather than fight the crowds. Besides, neither one of the boys wanted to go, which I find hard to believe, especially Brandon.

On Saturday I went to a craft fair at Triad High School. It's an annual event and the past couple of years they've had the same vendors selling the same stuff. But this year was a bit better - new products and a few new vendors. My sister collects snowmen and I purchased a cute tree ornament that says "snowman collector". I gave it to her today - she like it =) I also bought a little wooden train set for my nephew. It has an engine and a caboose and the cars in between spell his name. I bought our yearly dough ornament. It has 2 snowpeople and 2 small snowkids with our names and the year. I used to have one for every year since we had Bryan but a leak in the roof above the attic ruined most of them. I have been working the last 2 years to replace damaged ornaments but you can't replace something like that.

Last weekend we went to one of my sister's house and she gave me a small pile of pictures she had of me when I was little. Of course, there was "THAT PICTURE" in there. You know the one - it's that photo of yourself that you would rather burn than let anyone else see, LOL =) I'm not sure what I should do with it. Every time my boys see it, the both start having fits of laughter. It truly is a horrible picture and when I see it, it takes me back to being in 7th grade, feeling very self-conscious. My boys don't realize how it makes me feel and I try not to let it affect me. Maybe we should have a bonfire party..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Tammy I do really like the ornament you got me. The same as you I have some pictures that would do well for a bonfire. When is it and I will be there. Love Ya

Cindy said...

Maybe you should scrap the picture and tell the story behind it. Then maybe you won't get such a hard time.

daiva e said...

I say, Burn, baby, burn!! Unless there's a real story behind it, there's no reason to keep it if it makes you feel bad. Everyone goes through that really awkward stage growing up, so don't feel bad. We've all got at least one. Since my dad's a photographer, I've got quite a bit more than one, lol!