Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The crud has arrived :(

I knew we wouldn't be able to go an entire winter without the crud getting us. But since it's already halfway through April, I was hopeful. Last week Brandon had a massive cold with nasty sounding coughs. We got that cleared up with OTC medication and he only missed one day of school. But now Bryan is sick. I had to take him to the doctor yesterday and we found out he has bronchitis and a sinus infection. So he is taking Cipro for the next 10 days. I had been giving him Mucinex DM and the doctor said to continue that as long as he is getting some relief from it. As I sit here typing this, I can hear him coughing in his sleep :( I'm not sure what else I can do for him.

Last Thursday my dad had cataract surgery. He is so thrilled since his vision has improved. My dad is already blind in his left eye so the decrease in his vision on the right eye was worrisome for him. It's amazing what they can do with your eyes. I had no idea what a cataract was until now. I didn't realize they had to remove the lens from your eye and replace it. That would completely freak me out!!

No comments: