Thursday, May 10, 2007

Life in general.....

Wow - has it really been over 2 weeks since I last posted??!! Ouch :(

The basement is still coming along. The flooring is completely done and looks wonderful. I haven't taken a picture of it yet since there is some plastic covering it to keep crap from getting all over it while the remainder of the work is finished. The countertop is due to be put in place tomorrow morning. That should be interesting. We also purchased the new television and all the components. That arrived last Saturday and the tech guy came out on Tuesday to get it all set up. It's really nice to watch TV down there although a bit uncomfortable since the furniture isn't there yet.

On Tuesday both of my boys came home with a letter from the school district office informing us of threats made against the high school. Someone has written graffiti on walls in 3 different restroom walls in 3 different Illinois cities. Two of the threats specifically mentioned May 15th and one mentioned shooting 44 or more on that day.

I had to go to the high school on Wednesday for Bryan's annual IEP meeting and they have beefed up the security. There were 2 sheriff's patrol cars making constant trips around the parking lot. When I went in, they had a sheriff at the door and you had to sign in and then wear this visitor's pass that was huge (like 5x7"). There was another sheriff at the office door and one standing watch over the cafeteria. When I left, I saw 2 more walking down the main hall.

Bryan is anxious about it and wants to stay home. I'm really anxious and I'm not sure what to do. On one hand, I don't want to put him into danger and on the other, I don't want to give this person the satisfaction of knowing how much fear he put into us. It could be a hoax but with some of the other school related problems around the nation, it's hard to know for sure.

Here is a link to one of the news websites - you can see pictures of the notes/threats left on the walls:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=118931

3 comments:

Roni JJ said...

Oh my goodness Tammy, how frightening! Honestly, if it were me, I'd keep my boys at home that day. I know in a way it lets the freaks win but you know I'd rather be safe than sorry. Hopefully, nothing will happen!!!

Your basement sounds awesome :) I'm sure once it's finished it will be worth it all!!

Liz said...

OMG TAmmy, I can not imagine what you and your kids must feeling right now. I know that keeping the boys home that day wold be my choice, but I can see you dilemma of not wanting to give into the fear.
I will pray that these threats are just that theats and nothing will come of it.
There is a light at the end of the basement tunnel

Anonymous said...

Hey sis!
Now it's been another 2 weeks since you've updated!! LOL! I'm just giving you a hard time! :)
I'm just curious about your basement! Please give us another update soon!
Love ya!