Monday, June 11, 2007

Summer Break has begun!

Well, actually it began a couple of weeks ago! I'm just so far behind in posting here :)

Bryan is continuing the driving portion of Driver's Ed during summer school. It's only a 12 class program spread out over 4 weeks. He goes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. And I managed to miss getting him to the class last Friday. The morning just slipped right by and before I knew it, it was past the class start time. Fortunately he was able to make up the time today.

Bryan will also be heading to his last boy scout camp in 12 days. Notice how I'm counting down the time?? LOL :) Hopefully he will get whatever badges he still needs to finish up and then get started on his Eagle project. I hope he can make it before next April. You have to be finished before your 18th birthday. I think I'll be pushing him all the way.

I had the carpet in the family room, living room and 2 sets of stairs cleaned today. Man, I was really embarrassed by how grungy the family room was. I guess that as the dirt accumulates over time you just don't notice. But there was a "funny" smell in the house and David was positive it was the carpet. When the guys moved the furniture last night, I was appalled at the difference in the carpet underneath the furniture and the rest of the room. Underneath was a nice pretty "clean" carpet and the rest was really, really dirty!!

I just signed up today to go to the All American Scrapbook Company summer retreat. It's the only place I've scrapbooked other than at home. The dates are July 19-22 and I can't wait. I need a break from these guys :( Only 2 weeks off school and they fight and fight all the time.

The basement is finally finished! I'm so glad to have the workers out of here. I was really getting tired of hearing hammers, saws, etc. Plus them running in and out of the house. I still need to upload some picture to my computer from the camera before I can post anything here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey SIS! WOO HOO!! An update! :)

I'm so happy that you're going to the retreat again! I'm sure you've figrued out by now that I'm not making it again this summer. :(
I hope you have a SUPER time!!

I cannot wait to see photos of your basement!! Please post soon!