I've been watching my nephew, Drew, all 5 days this week. I normally have him Wed-Fri but his mom had an opportunity to go on a cruise for a week (lucky woman!) So between my sister Cindy and I, we had it covered. Well, Drew is 2 (almost 3) and is so funny at times - it's a joy to have him here. On Wednesday he wanted "chocy milk" and in a matter of a couple minutes, drank the entire cup. I said that he must have been really thirsty and he then told me he had a whale in his belly that was drinking the chocolate milk! I almost fell off the couch laughing =) He seriously cracks me up!
Some good news and some bad news........
Good news first - My dad had his 6 month follow-up lung scan and they have determined that what was originally thought to be cancer (YIKES!) is just a nodule and is no cause for concern (YAHOO!) It is a bit smaller than the original scan. He will need to have another lung scan done in another 6 months but they don't anticipate anything will come of it.
Bad or rather sad news - My dad's little toy poodle, Ladybug, is in very poor health. About 6 or 7 months ago, she had a stroke which we all thought was going to be the end. She managed to pull through and the vet gave my dad some sort of "heart pill" that was supposed to help. But lately, Trina (my sis) and I have been urging Dad to take her to another vet for a second opinion. The reason being the poor dog had swollen up to the point she looked like a little bowling ball with a head a legs. And her body was taut - like if you touched her she would explode (sorry for the gory description) I was afraid to pick her up - I thought I'd injure her. So he finally took our advice and today visited another vet. Poor Ladybug has fluid collecting around her heart. The vet was able to withdraw most of the fluid with a needle and Trina said she looks really skinny now. To think this animal had to suffer for so long because of the original vet makes me livid! The new vet offered to euthanize her but my dad said no, not right now. I'm sure that isn't what he expected to hear. They told him that when he is ready, they can do it for him. I feel so bad for my dad. Lady was my mom's little dog and when she passed away 7 years ago we thought we would have to find a new home for her. But my dad has taken care of her and loves her - it breaks your heart to think about it.
On to the home front.......
Bryan left for a winter camp out called the Klondike Derby. It's an annual event held at Camp Warren Levis in Godfrey, Illinois. This is probably Bry's 6th or 7th derby that he has participated in. I still worry that he is going to freeze to death! But he loves it - loves camping.
I've been doing some research on kitchen cabinets and appliances. It is my goal to get my kitchen remodeled this year. It seems like such a daunting task but I really need to get past that and just get it done. I can't have any more appliances die on me - the indoor grill is just about at that point. And I've noticed the faucet is starting to leak but David said he could replace that for me this weekend. I hope.
Guess that's all I have for now......gotta start looking for a missing rubber stamp set I had last month and now I can't find. Wish me luck!
6 comments:
Such great news about your dad!! I'll be thinking and praying for your dad and ladybug....that has to be so hard for him.
Mitchell is looking forward to boy scouts and the klondike!! does seem awful cold!! we have a while before I have to start worrying over that LOL
That's great news about your Dad's health but very sad about poor Ladybug. Losing a pet, especially one with such a history, is difficult. I hope that all goes well and you Dad is at peace about whatever he decides.
Remodeling jobs are daunting regardless, but the kitchen is a major one! Go for it girl...take the plunge!
I'm sorry about Ladybug. :~( I hope your dad continues to get better.
:-( So sad about the doggy--sounds like congestive heart failure--what my grandpa has.
His is being managed now with medication, after they drained the fluid off, but it was just like you said, he was swollen and the skin was very taut.
Hope your dad continues with the good health!
I love that comment about what your nephew said...I try to write down what my boys say often as they totally crack me up.
Good to hear about your dad. Glad all is well. Sorry about his dog. I hoep he will get a 2nd opinion. Gotta love kids & the things that come out the mouth of babes :o) Have fun with the remodel of th ekitchen. I hope you find what you liek & want. Hope Bryan is having fun
Post a Comment