Monday, February 25, 2008

Feeling a bit better.......

It's amazing how just telling someone your story will make you feel so much lighter. I had an appointment with my therapist today. I've been seeing her for what seems like a long, long time. I only go about once every three weeks now and it really helps me put things into perspective and just get things off my chest. Today we talked about my dog and the experience with my dad's dog. I was able to tell her the whole story, how I felt, how I still feel, and how I'm still so worried for my dog Max. I feel so relieved - it was just what I needed!

David was recently promoted to Vice President, Systems Engineer, something else (I can't remember the whole title - I'm going senile!) If I've mentioned this before, sorry - but I'm so darn proud of him. Anyway, he will be traveling to California much more often. He left Sunday morning and will be back on Thursday night. The corporate office is in Sunnyvale and that is where his new boss is located full time.

Bryan is thinking of joining the track team at school. I'm nervous for him as usual. I want him to do well but he has a tendency to quit when the going gets tough. But he is really excited. Maybe this will be the thing to get him seriously working on bringing up his grades in a couple of classes. You can't compete if your grades are lacking. He's having a very, very hard time in geometry, even with tutoring. Math just isn't his thing.

And I'm getting so sick and tired of this freaking weather. I can't wait for spring and warmer weather. We got some unexpected snow yesterday morning. I was driving around and I guess the snow got stuck under my car and was causing a serious rattle. I thought maybe the exhaust had come loose. It's not doing it now, so I'm thinking it was snow and it's now melted.

4 comments:

Jen Hoover said...

i am SO with you on the weather, we're awaiting yet another snowy blast :(

thanks for your words :) much appreciated! {{{hugs}}}

Ann Marie said...

Talk therapy really is effective... I tell T all the time that they should just go ahead and give him his LPC because of all the counseling he's done for me. :-) Glad you are feeling better!

Laurie said...

How's Max doing? I hear ya on the weather, we were supposed to get another storm last night but thankfully we just got a light dusting. ((hugs))

Debbie said...

I am so glad you feel much better.
I am so happy for you and David, tell him I said " Congratulations on his promotion!!!" I am right along with you on the weather, it is so not good.....Love you, your sister