Monday, April 28, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!!

It's been a while since I've posted (sorry Laurie!) but some days it just doesn't seem like there is anything to report, other days it's crazy busy.

I just got back from a little weekend jaunt to Las Vegas. David was in Sunnyvale, CA last week and will be in LV this week. Since he wasn't going to be home for the weekend, he suggested I fly out to LV on Friday. We stayed at Planet Hollywood Resort in one of the Hollywood Hip Rooms. I pretty much had Friday evening to myself. David called and his flight was delayed 2 hours and he wouldn't arrive until 11:30pm. After checking in, I walked over to the Miracle Mile Shops and wandered around for an hour or so before getting something to eat. I was asleep when David finally arrived. He's been fighting a cold all week so he just crashed as well.

On Saturday morning, we took a walk down the strip. I took my camera and have a few pictures of the hotels/casinos. I can't believe the amount of money that must have been spent on these buildings. A small third world country could eat for years with that amount of money! Later that night, we went to see the Danny Gans show at The Mirage. He was very funny and it was a great time. I wanted to go see the Fountains of Bellagio but I did something to my foot and didn't think I could walk back to our hotel from there. Maybe next time......

Sunday morning we just hung out in the hotel. My foot was hurting pretty bad and I didn't want to walk anywhere. We had breakfast and I left around Noon to go to the airport. I arrived home around 9pm. I have to say that as much as I wanted to go see Las Vegas, I'm not sure I would want to go there for a vacation. One or two days is quite enough!

David and I have started making plans for getting the kitchen remodeled. It's a project that's needed to be done for a long, long time. One of the hinges on a cabinet door broke and David was unable to find a replacement and that was the thing to get me moving on this project. So far, I've got the blueprint drawn up, we visited with a designer, and they have come out to the house and made measurements. David and I walked through the store and picked out things we liked, noted things we didn't like, got a few ideas and so forth. Ann (the designer) said that she thinks she'll have the drawings finished by the end of this week. We will actually be able to see this in 3D which is something that works better for me rather than just a blueprint.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

WOO HOO!!! on the blogging, on Vegas and on the KITCHEN!!! I can't wait to see what you have planned.....major changes??

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

That sounds like you had a great time! I'm like you - I wanted to see LV but after spending a couple of days there I was ready to do something else.

Planet Hollywood Resort looks fabulous! I'm glad you got to go - having a little 1 on 1 time with your DH is always a good thing.
:-)