Friday, June 06, 2008

Time flies when your having fun!

Wow - I can't believe I haven't posted anything since May 20th! Bad blogger!

Both of the boys have been in summer school for at least a week now.

Bryan is doing very well in his Consumer Ed class. He was a little miffed at first - his home school decided at the last minute to cancel the class due to lack of interest. He is going to another school in the area - a rival school, no less - and I was afraid I was going to have to drag him there the first day - LOL! But I really think he is enjoying it and like I said, he is doing well.

Brandon is 5 days into driver's ed. I'm still wondering when he got old enough for this! He has lots of funny stories to tell about using the simulators =) Brandon is also getting ready to attend a High School Outreach Summer Program at SIUE. He will be there for 3 days and he is so excited.

David, Bryan and I participated in the Make Tracks for the Zoo annual run/walk. David and I walked the 5k and Bryan ran it. I'm not sure why I decided that this was something I wanted to do. But it felt so good to actually do it and make it all the way without stopping early or quitting. Bryan finished in 00:31:02 which was amazing to me. I couldn't run a block if I had to - LOL! David finished in 1:04:38 and I finished in 1:04:45. I am waiting on some more information from the organizer, but I may be walking in the Relay For Life on June 13th. I'm not sure why their website isn't more updated but we'll see.

So I guess that's it for now. Not a whole lot going on. It seems like once I get the boys dropped off at school, I get home, eat lunch and have to go back to get them =)

1 comment:

Laurie said...

sounds like the boys are keeping you busy this summer!! our last day was Thursday so we've only had 1 day of summer break!! I'm so ready for this, I want to be lazy all summer long!!!