Monday, October 13, 2008

Kitchen Renovation Update

I haven't posted an update on the kitchen lately. Things moved really fast once the tile was installed. I now have just about everything installed except for the countertop. I spent yesterday and today putting a sealant on the floor - fun stuff, NOT! LOL :)

Last Monday, the 6th, we went to Global Granite and picked out our countertop. We did go with our original choice, Labrador Antique. We needed 2 slabs for our project and we were lucky they had 2 that were mined at the same time so there isn't any color variance.

We also have added a beverage center in the space where the old ovens were. There will be one of those wine/beverage coolers with a countertop, and 2 cabinets overhead. It worked out nicely - now I can put my Keurig there without it taking up counterspace by the sink or cooktop.

I do have use of my new oven/microwave. I have already used the microwave for a couple of things. Nothing fancy though. I'll have to read the user guide first - it can also be used as a convection oven. So can the oven - plus a million other things I'll have fun learning. Can't wait!

Update On My Dad

My dad is doing pretty good. He had his first post-op appointment last Thursday. They removed the stitches from the drain tube and the pathology report came back. The great news is he will not need to have chemotherapy! The incision is healing so well and since they didn't use stitches or staples (they used Dermabond), he didn't have to endure having those removed.

His appointment with the urologist is scheduled for the 21st. We should then find out the timeline for the kidney surgery. I'm hoping that he will do much better during the first few days after this surgery. Although, if it's anything like this last one, it will be a stressful first week.

Not much else has been going on. Bryan got a job at the local carwash. Not something his dad or I would have picked for him, but at least he'll have a few extra bucks in his pocket.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

you are almost there on the kitchen
yeah

:::b r a n d i::: said...

When do we get to see kitchen photos???

daiva e said...

Such good news about your dad!! I'm so glad that he won't need the chemo. Can't wait to see your new kitchen!! The granite looks fantastic.

Laurie said...

wonderful news about your dad!! I can't wait to see the kitchen!!