Since the kitchen guys wouldn't be here today, I went back to bed after the boys left for school. I had taken some aspirin for a headache that I still had from last night. At about 9:45 I was awakened by a knock at the door. Crap! I was still in my nightgown and didn't have my glasses. (I'm getting new lenses and the frames are with whomever is doing that). I jump up and run to the bathroom and put in my contacts. I hear another knock - not a banging but a light knock. I run to the top of the stairs and look down to the front door. I didn't see anyone on the porch so I run down the hall to my craft room above the garage. There wasn't a vehicle in the driveway and I didn't see anyone walking away from the house. Strange, huh? Now what's even stranger is that Sparky slept through this and Max just stood up and followed me around the house. I quickly got dressed and made Max walk throughout the whole house with me just to make sure no one was here! LOL :)
This isn't the first time I've heard sounds or even voices. One time I was in my craft room and distinctly heard a male voice say "HI". I turned around and no one was there. I was home alone but took Max on a walk through the house anyway. I've also been wakened during the night by a male voice. And it always seems to happen when I'm home alone.
There was a young girl that died in the original farm house that sat on this property. My understanding is that the house burned down shortly after the Barr's purchased the property. (We purchased the property from the Barr family) Then their only son died in a car accident in the mid 1990's. My craft room was his bedroom. EEK!
I got a phone call last week from the high school sports booster club asking if I could make something for the bake sale at the craft fair this weekend. Since Bryan is in Track I guess that's how they found me. So I decided to go to Sam's Club today and get one of those humongous boxes of brownie mix. I can finally use the oven so this will be a good way to break it in :) Anyway, on my way back out to the car, this old man is walking in. He looks at me and said "Does your mother know you shop here?" I'm like looking around to see who he's talking to and he said "I'm talking to you". I was already weirded out once today so I just smiled and walked past him. Strange?!
4 comments:
:~O creeeppy!!!!
Should we place a call to Ghost Hunters? It would be cool to have someone I know on the show. :-)
That is creepy.
And yes, I believe that strange, unexplained things can happen. I used to have an apartment that they happened in.
Maybe the old man at the store was flirting with you!!
Cool! I love when things like that happen. When we bought our house in St Louis, I'd often hear someone walking on the hardwood floor in the living room when I was down in the basement...home alone. A lot of our guests heard it too. We even heard the footsteps on the hardwood floor...after we put in carpet.
Then, when we came back to Az and moved in with mom...into the room where my grandparents both died...grandma was hauting us. She really bugged us too.
Post a Comment