Saturday, November 01, 2008

Kitchen Project Update

On Friday I got the phone call I've been waiting 2 weeks for........the countertops would be installed on Monday! Yippee!! Seems such a silly thing to get excited about, but I've been without a kitchen for 12 weeks - oh my gosh, it seems like such a long time when I actually say it! EEK!

So I thought I'd share some photo's I just took of the kitchen and bathroom. Now there is still work to be done in the kitchen and just one or two things in the bathroom.

This first photo is what I call the message center for lack of a better idea. This sits just inside the door to the kitchen from the garage. It's the place where the phone and answering machine will be, along with the mail, etc. Hopefully it won't become a place for junk to collect.
This second picture is the angle as I'm standing at the back door to the sunroom. You can see the pantry area on the left center, the oven microwave unit on the back right of the photo, and of course, in the center is the island. You can also see the new light fixtures. It took me a while to get used to the chandelier since it is a brush stainless but I'm sorta liking it now. I am the only one here that can walk directly under it without hitting my head. I'm not sure how you would miss seeing this hanging from the ceiling, but Bryan has walked into it several times, and the guy from the countertop place ran into it twice. 
This third photo shows the angle as I'm standing next the the message center. I forgot to mention that one of the pendant lights needs to be replaced. There is something wrong with the fixture and it doesn't work - that's why it's not lit up. Here you can also see the new refrigerator and a little better view of the oven. The sink and cooktop aren't in place yet. They will go in after the countertop is in place. 
The tile backsplash and the vent hood still need to be installed, along with some trim and electrical work. But so far, I'm loving it, despite the length of time it's taking.

Onto the bathroom......I have a bathroom the sits off the kitchen, right inside the door leading into the house from the garage. This is the new vanity the has a really pretty travertine top.
Another view of the vanity - wasn't sure which one would look better. Ignore the reflection on the wall. I think it's from the camera flash. One thing I like about this vanity is that it sits up on little legs, making it look like a piece of furniture.
This is the other end of the bathroom. It's a really strange sized room - 15 feet long. We added this cabinet above the toilet. I really like having a place to store things like ibuprofen, cold meds, etc. Before this, we were storing them in a kitchen cabinet. I need to get something on the window still. I know there will be a mini-blind and a valance. Just haven't had the time to shop for them. The wall opposite the window really needs something on it. Feel free to throw ideas my way.....I need all the help I can get.

So that's it for now. I'll be taking more pictures on Monday when they install the granite countertops. And then in a couple more weeks, I'll have an entirely new kitchen!

5 comments:

{S} said...

It's looking beautiful! You'll be cooking wonderful holiday dinners soon. :~)

Karenladd said...

GORGEOUS Tammy! Wow, that kitchen is looking so top of the line! The closest I'll ever get to a kitchen like that is by watching HGTV. Beautiful colors and I love the pendant lights.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I can't wait to see it in person!!

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Oooh, it looks so good! Isn't it a great feling when it's finally starting to resemble an actual kitchen again? LOL I know you are excited.

I love that vanity in the bathroom - it's so beautiful!!!

Sherri said...

looks heavenly so far!