Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Good Times

We had a nice St. Patrick's Day here. I made corned beef, cabbage and potatoes for dinner. My dad came over for dinner and some fishing. Dinner was excellent, if I may say so myself :) Brandon asked why we don't have corned beef on days other than St.Patrick's which led to a discussion about why we only have turkey on Thanksgiving and ham on Christmas and Easter - fun stuff! A bit later, two of my nephew's came over to fish. It seems weird to go fishing in March, but the weather has been nice and warm so why not? Here are a few pictures.......(you should be able to click on each photo for a larger view)

This is my nephew Nick - he had just caught a bass. And no, he is not grabbing his crotch - I somehow managed to get a picture at just the wrong time! LOL :)
This handsome guy is my dad :) I think he caught 3 fish - I only got a little nibble but it was fun to watch the others.
I happened to look up just in time to catch a photo of a turtle the came to the surface. So happy that Dave bought me that new lens for the camera. I would have never been able to get this close.
This next picture is just for Cindy :) It's the little black lamp at the Mersinger Farm. He even looked up and posed for this shot, LOL :)



4 comments:

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

ohhh I need to send this to my DD--she loves sheep and goats.---great pics

Ann Marie said...

We had corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day, too! I'd never made it before, and it was actually easier than I thought! And pretty yummy, and we wondered the same thing--why can't we have this more often? But decided the beef brisket was so fatty maybe it was better that way. :-)

Anonymous said...

SIS!
AWESOME photos! Your Dad looks so cute and happy with his fish!! :)
I LOVE that photo of the turtle ~ awesome job!
The lambs are ADORABLE too!!

Glad you had an nice St.Pat's day!

Laura

Sherri said...

great photos. we really should try to have all that food at other times because it's so good. I need to get some corned beef. sounds good.
love the turtle shot