Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Crafty Goodness

I am so happy that my DH bought me a Cricut Expression for Christmas! Even though I have had a Wishblade for a couple of years now, I just feel so much more in control of what I'm doing with the Cricut. Plus the message boards are much, much better.

My sister Trina's birthday falls on Valentine's Day. This year I made her this tile - I gave her an easel to sit it on or she could choose to hang it on the wall.

The tile is 6x6" and I bought it at Home Depot. The design I swiped from a catalog for wall art that I found online and imported into Inkscape. I then created a .svg file that I pulled into my SCAL software and then cut on the Cricut. Other than my time, this probably cost me around $2 to make.

Here is a picture of a freezer paper t-shirt I made for Brandon. He is a junior in high school and is still deciding on what college he wants to attend. He wanted an Oklahoma University t-shirt so this is what I came up with.
I found the logo on the internet, traced it in SCAL and cut the design on freezer paper. There is a great tutorial on YouTube if your interested - just search for freezer paper t-shirts and Cricut. We found the t-shirt at Target for $7.99, fabric paint at Michael's for $5.99 (4oz bottle) - so for just around $10 he has his shirt. Not bad considering the OU website sells them for almost twice that.

I have another project that I want to get started on. I just got my 12x24" cutting mats in the mail today so a few things I wanted to do can finally get done. I'll probably be posting in the next couple of days.....hopefully ;)

3 comments:

Sherri said...

awesome on using the crucuit. I don't use my craftrobo at all anymore but I would probably do the same thing with a crucuit.

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

love the tile... beautiful

daiva e said...

Fantastic projects, my friend!! Love them both.