This has been a busy year for us. Last August we bought a second home in Estero, Florida. We officially moved there at the end of September 2014. Three weeks later, David and I were both Florida residents. Finally, no more state income taxes!
When Thanksgiving rolled around, we decided almost at the last minute to go back to Illinois to be with Bryan and Brandon. That was almost derailed by the Ferguson protests. We were trying to fly home on Tuesday but with the riots near the airport, they decided to shut it down. So that threw off our plans. Fortunately David was able to find a flight on Wednesday morning and off we went.
Christmas was a blur. Once again, we headed back to Illinois for the holiday. I honestly do not remember how I managed to get shopping and decorating done in 2 weeks, but I did. A few family members ended up with gift cards but I guess that was better than nothing.
January through May we were in Florida. I cannot begin to tell you how much it already feels like home down there. I feel like I am just biding my time here in Illinois. But I miss my boys too much to be gone for too long. I think Bryan will need us for a few more years. But Brandon on the other hand, not so much.
Speaking of Brandon, he graduated from the University of Illinois - with high honors! - in June. Man, I am so proud of that boy. Hard to believe he is mine sometimes. He accepted a position at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. I was sad to see him move so far away but again, I am just so proud! It is just a temporary thing and he will be done in February (I think) but then I'm sure it's on to something new and exciting.
Guess I should mention the other man child, Bryan. He is currently working at St. Louis University Hospital in St. Louis. He hit a rough spot last summer and has had to make some changes but he is getting there. I still have faith for that guy. He has been living here at the Illinois house which was a double-edged sword. It was great having someone here while we were in Florida but he is such a mess maker. I hired a cleaning service to come in once a week and even they complained at some of the messes. Geez! But we did go with him to look at apartments in the Soulard area of St. Louis today. He has settled on a studio apartment that just seems so small to me. But it really is all he needs and he seemed happy. Now it's just a waiting game to see if they accept his application. If so, we'll be moving him by the end of the month.
Lots more to add but it's late and I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow will bring more.
No comments:
Post a Comment