Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Report Cards & Other Misc. Stuff

It's report card time and I have to admit that I have 2 of the smartest kids in town! Bryan received three A's and one B from Triad (I'm still waiting on the papers from ETC) which gives him a 3.75 GPA. Brandon had three A's, one B, and one B-. They are both doing so well - much better than I remember doing when I went to school. I'm so proud of both of them.

Tonight we have parent/teacher conferences for both boys. Brandon at 6pm and Bryan at 7pm. I expect both meetings to be rather short since neither one appears to be having any problems.

I spent some much needed "girl" time this morning with my friend Daiva. We met at our favorite place, St. Louis Bread Company, and spent a couple of hours just talking about grown up stuff. It's so nice to have someone to talk to about real stuff, not just our kids school or home issues. I mean, we talk about our kids and families but today's conversation revolved around religion, past work experiences, and things going on in our lives. I had a great time but we need to do it more often!

This weekend is the annual shopping trip to Gurnee Mills with my sisters. I'm also looking forward to that because it is the kickoff to my shopping for the Christmas season. We are leaving on Friday morning and will get back home on Sunday. It's a long drive but worth it. And it's nice to spend time with just my sisters.

6 comments:

Denise said...

I love the new banner! Great you had a nice time with Davia. Always nice to have a friend you can do that with. Imiss having my gf Liane here.. and the phone thing just doesn't cut it..LOL Congrat on the boys & the grades. That is awesome! Have fun this weekend!

daiva e said...

I really enjoyed our visit, too, Tammy. It's always interesting to see where conversations lead. Have a great time in Gurnee. My brother and sil live there and we usually go up for visits 2 or 3 times a year. There's also a smaller outlet mall in Kenosha (in Wisconsin), but it has some different stores you might be interested in. It's only about a 20-30 minute drive up there from Gurnee. You won't need it, but the Kenosha mall has a Stride Rite outlet that's really great... both of my boys still need wide shoes, which are hard to find in regular stores.

Anonymous said...

Tammy I am looking forward to this weekend to. And I am also glad the boys are doing well in school.

Anonymous said...

Wow! terrific report cards! Give them "high 5's" from me! ;~)
You know, i pray someday soon i will have a local friend like that too, until then I am blessed with my cyber friends and IMing. ;~)
Have fun shopping!!

Cindy said...

I'm sorry, but it's way too early to be kicking off the Christmas shopping season.lol I still have weeks before I have to do that. hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Isn't Daiva great...you aren't too bad yourself ;P