Sunday, April 08, 2007

Bad, Bad Blogger :(

When I first started this blog, I had every intention of doing updates at least on a weekly basis. I knew ahead of time that blogging on a daily basis wasn't going to be something I could keep up with. Within the last couple of weeks, I've had at least 10 people ask why I haven't updated. I didn't even know I had that many interested parties! LOL - Thanks for reading :)

Just a little update......

Towards the end of March, things got really hairy for our family. I won't go into details because the privacy concerns of the people involved. Let's just say we didn't hit a roadblock, we crashed into the building!

My oldest brother was also seriously ill. He had a heart attack on March 15th. He had to have immediate bypass surgery. Thank the Lord above, he is home now and recovering nicely.
For those of you that said prayers on his behalf, thank you, thank you, thank you! He had a rough time recovering in the hospital but I believe that your prayers helped pull him through.

On a lighter note.......

The annual Boy Scout Troop 226 Trivia Night was held on March 24th. We always have a team and this year our team consisted of myself, David, Brandon, my in-laws, David's brother Jason, David's Aunt Kathy, and David's cousin (whom I can't remember her name right now). We won lots of door prizes and surprise of all surprises - we got first place!! I think last year we placed third so this is a definite improvement. The grand prize was eight $20 gift certificates to various restaurants in the area. It was also nice to win as David was celebrating his birthday (it was the big one - shh, don't tell him I told!) LOL

My sister Trina and I went to the All American Scrapbook Company March retreat. It was nice to get away and spend time with my sister and with friends. I'll share a few of my layouts in another post.

I do have a few more photos of the basement transformation. I need to get them off my camera and loaded onto my computer. I think you'll be surprised at the change it has made just having new paint!

3 comments:

daiva e said...

Good to hear that things are settling down a bit! I've missed you!! Glad you're back.

{S} said...

I'm so glad you are back. You were missed. Glad to hear thigs are calming down.

Anonymous said...

THANKS for the update, sis! :) Sorry for giving you a hard time! LOL!
WOW ~ congrats on the 1st place win for your family! That's cool!

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
Hope things are better this month for your family! Glad to hear the good news about your brother too!