Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy.....

Wow - the last few days have been very busy. I haven't had more than a few minutes here and there and I'm really exhausted!

I played Bingo with my sister Debbie on Sunday. It's a once-a-month thing that I've been doing with her. Seems kinda silly but we spend alot of time talking. She won a quilt and a cake in the cake raffle. I won a cake and a cute Halloween mug and dessert plate.

Monday morning my dad called and asked me to take him to the ER. I got him there around 10:40am. He's doing fine now and we thought he would only be there for one night but today they said he would be staying another night. He told me he was in the kitchen and felt really weak, stumbled and lost his balance. He also said he actually lost his balance at one point and fell to his knees. Fortunately he was able to grab one of the kitchen chairs and get up into it. He sat at home for about an hour feeling like this before calling me. So yesterday he was in the ER until about 8pm when a bed finally opened up in IMU. Today they have him on a portable monitor and had him up and walking. They want to make sure he doesn't have any more symptoms before they send him home. Hopefully that will be tomorrow.

So between family things, the hospital, and taking care of his dog, I'm pooped.

4 comments:

{S} said...

(((hugs))) I hope your dad will be okay and home soon!

Laurie said...

((hugs)) I hope your dad is doing better, and you can get some rest!

Anonymous said...

((((((((HUGS)))))))) sis!!
Do the Docs know what's going on with your Dad??
I hope he gets to go home soon!
TAKE CARE!!

:::b r a n d i::: said...

I just had to jump in to say that I love playing Bingo! It is fun...as long as there is a no-soking section.