Sunday, November 18, 2007

Be Thankful

As the Thanksgiving holiday draws near, most of us take a few moments to ponder the things in life that we are grateful for. I ran across this poem and thought it was so appropriate for my life at this moment in time. I hope you enjoy reading it =)


Be thankful

By: Nicola Ashcroft

Be thankful,
that you do not already have,
everything your heart desires... For if you did,
what would there be,
to look forward to?

Be thankful,
for all those times,
that you realise that,
you alone don't know everything...

For it gives to you,
the greatest opportunity to learn...

Be thankful,
for all those tiring difficult times....

During these negative times,
you will find,
you will grow...

Be thankful,
for your imperfections,
because,
they give you the opportunity,
for self improvement...

Be thankful,
for all of your personal mistakes,
they teach to you,
the most valuable lessons...

Be thankful,
when you are tired and weary,
because,
it means,
you have made a difference...

It is easy to be thankful,
for all of the good things...

A life of rich fulfilment,
comes to those,
who are also thankful,
for all those set backs...

Find a way to be thankful,
for all your troubles,
and they can become your blessings...

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I think I'm going to print this out and carry it around for a while =o) thanks for sharing it.

((hugs))