Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Deck The Halls (or maybe just the front porch)
I really feel like I accomplished something today!! I got my Christmas lights on my front porch BY MYSELF, thank you very much. I only had to make 2 trips to the store for things. First, I couldn't find the wreath hanger for the door so I ran to Dollar General and found one. When I got to the checkout, it rang up at $.01 and the clerk asked the manager if that was right, and it was! BONUS!! So I paid my penny and left with a very happy smile. Got home and dragged the lights out of the big garage and grabbed some of David's cable ties and went to town. Now, I don't do alot of outside decorating since I just don't have time - but I did get the lighted garland along the porch rails and around the post lamp. I then realized that I had somehow misplaced a couple bows and had to run back to Dollar General. I was able to find 2 large bows for the posts at the bottom of the stairs and then picked up 7 more smaller ones for the hand rails. And yes, I grabbed another wreath hanger just in case (can't beat that price!). It took me about 3 hours total - including the running to the store and stopping for lunch. My brother stopped by around 4:00 and helped me get new bulbs in the post lamp and fix one of the lights on the garland. I usually have some lighted stars on a string that I hang along the top of the porch but I ran out of time and it going to be getting colder the next couple of days. So I decided to just go get 18 ft. more of the lighted garland and I'll put that around the door and call it done. I'll add the stars later if we get another nice day soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
no pictures?!?!? I love decorating!! I think we're going to do some this weekend.
I have our tree done,but nothing else. It's all out, though, which is half the battle in tiny apt. land. LOL
Ann
yeah for you! DH usually does the lights outside since they are REALLY high and i am pretty short.lol
we only put up one tree this year and some angels in the kitchen-- we usually do 5 trees..
Good for you on the porch...we did the yard on Monday night - I worked on it for about 7 hours; dh worked for 3 hours after he got home. Whew.
Post a Comment