Friday, November 23, 2007

Visions of Sugarplums



I've had this layout in mind for a while now. I worked and worked on this photo of Brandon. It was originally a color picture but I was finally able to convert it to B&W and then colorize the hat. I'm not sure the layout is balanced - I feel like it needs something on the right but I don't have a clue what to put there so for now I'll leave it alone. I'm also not happy with the paint for the title. the "L" in sugarplums kinda squished around resulting in a really fat letter. Guess I had a little too much paint on the stamp. I originally wanted to cut the title with my Wishblade but the font I wanted to use wasn't cutting well and the paper kept tearing. So, in general, I'm happy with the layout - but it's not completely what I had envisioned. Let me know your thoughts.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!
I love what you did with the photo! HOW COOL!!
I think it's balanced fine ~ wouldn't change/add a thing.
LOVE the painted letters too! I love to paint! LOL!
AWESOME job, sis!!

Cindy said...

I think you did a great job with the layout. I especially like the recoloring of the photo.