Friday, January 04, 2008

Getting back to a routine......

Wow - what a great holiday we had here but it's time to get back into a routine. I got a phone call from a friend asking if everthing was okay cuz she hadn't seen me around in the usual cyber-haunts I can be found at. I've just been relaxing and trying to get the holiday stuff put away.

Christmas was alot of fun this year. We spent Christmas Eve at my in-laws house. This was time spent with David's brother and wife, his Aunt Cathy, and Grammy and her husband, Gene. Poor Gene has Alzheimer's and forgets things all the time. He asked Bryan at least 3 times what his name was. Jessica (sister-in-law) is pregnant and is finally starting to show. The baby is due in March so that is something fun to look forward to.

Christmas Day was here at my house. This is when my side of the family gets together for a big dinner and gift exchange. My dad and all 4 of my sisters and my younger brother was here with their families. The only one missing was my older brother and his family. I'm so glad we have lots of open space in the newly remodeled basement. We had room for everyone to sit and all be in the same room.

On the 26th we were back at the in-laws for Christmas tacos with my MIL's sisters and their families. We did a white elephant but all the gifts were provided by my MIL. None of the gifts were that expensive and it was fun to see what was in each one. I ended up with a gift card to Starbuck's, David ended up with a package of Tootsie Rolls, and Brandon got a wall calendar - LOL =) This year we gave the boys the option of going to this because in the past, they have gotten bored and started arguing. Bryan opted to stay home. I'm not sure his Grandma was happy about that, but what can you say?

I managed to get my Christmas trees taken down and put away the weekend after Christmas. I think this is the first year ever that they have been done before the New Year. But the weather was in the 50's and I wanted to get the lights outside put away before it got too cold.

On New Year's Eve, my brother and his family came over. It was a quiet evening. We played Guitar Hero and a few games of pool. My sister Cindy and her husband stopped by at just about 40 seconds before midnight. Perfect timing!

Next week is going to be a crazy week. Kellie is going on a cruise so I'll have Drew here every day. I'm not expecting to get much done. I tried to talk her into taking me with her but I didn't get too far. I'd love to go on another cruise. Heck, right now I'd be happy to go anywhere!

Other than the holidays, I don't have a whole lot to report. It's been fun but I'm glad it's over.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

glad to hear you had a nice Christmas and NY. This time of year is always so crazy! Hope to see you soon!!

Ann Marie said...

Sounds like a nice Christmas. :-) I haven't been home very much to enjoy Christmas yet... I usually leave my stuff up until Epiphany, January 6, but I've decided to leave it up 'til KU starts again, on the 17. I just haven't seen my pretty Christmas tree enough yet. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey sis! Sounds like your Christmas was great! :) Good for you to get your decos down so soon! I just got mine down today! WOO HOO! I was happy to have my Christmas stuff down and put away before the girls go back to school on Monday, so I can get some good cleaning done! I swear 2 weeks with the kids at home just destroys your house!! LOL! :)

Say HI to your boys for me!

Love ya! Laura

{S} said...

sounds like a great holiday. I'm still undecorating!