Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Birds, Rainbow, & ATCs

The other day it rained pretty much the entire day. I'm tired of rain. Rain, rain, go away! Despite the crappy weather, I did capture a photo of a rainbow over the garage.............

The baby birds are growing pretty quick. Hopefully they will be out of the nest. When we open the front door, we are practically attacked by one of the adult birds. Here's the last of the baby bird photo's I'll have. It's not worth getting pecked to death for more..........

I've also been working on a few ATCs for the June swap on About.com. These first two are made using some stamps I received in a recent stamp trade.
This next ATC was really just me playing around with my distress inks and ink blending tool.

Wednesday is Brandon's last day of school. Bryan has to take finals on Thursday and Friday, then he will be finished as well. Bryan is taking Consumer Ed, a requirement for graduation, during summer school this year. That will free up an hour next school year so he can have a study hour. Brandon will be starting Driver's Ed during summer school. I can't believe my baby will be driving. He also started shaving! I can't stand it......I'm just a few years from having an empty nest =(

Gotta run - Brandon and I are going to the baseball game tonight. It has rained here most of the morning and we are expecting more. Hopefully it won't start until after the game. I hate sitting through delays........

7 comments:

Laurie said...

cool pictures!! it's amazing how fast those birds grow! I hope you get to use your front door again soon!! Very cool ATC's!!

Sherri said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE both those photos. The barn and rainbow are great and the baby birds, just sweet!

Anonymous said...

PRecious birds!

Karenladd said...

Those bird photos are great! When I visited Shannon, she also had a nest...right outside her kitchen. We were all admiring the babies, and watching the mama bird making sure we weren't getting too close.
I love the ATC cards, the colors are nice and summery and I really like the vintage fruit labels!

Anonymous said...

Sis,
I LOVE the birdie photos and the rainbow! How awesome!
I also LOVE your ATC's!! I hope I get some of yours in the swap! :)

Laura

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Great ATCs and the bird photos are awesome. I know you dislike the rain, but the barn picture is quite cool. We'll gladly take some of it off your hands here in Texas, so just blow it down this way.

Anonymous said...

precious birdy pics. I love birdies. :)