Tuesday, May 06, 2008

What a difference a day makes!

I have a new picture of the birds today. The do look more like little birds now. You can actually see the beak on one. I have to say that the momma wasn't too happy I was out there. I truly tried to do this quickly. Fortunately, I don't have to stand on anything, I just hold the camera up there and shoot.



I went to the garden shop on Monday and bought a few flowers. I managed to get one of the large pots by the garage doors planted last night. I'm getting ready to go do the other one in a little bit. I would like to get the planters on the front porch done as well, but I'm not sure that momma bird will leave me alone. I might have to work on them in the driveway and then carry them quickly to the front.

I went to the park and walked again today. I have only walked twice since returning from Las Vegas. I've been having issues with my knee. If it doesn't stop soon, I guess I'll have to call the dr. and find out what's going on. Until today, I figure that just getting out to walk is great. I just walk at a pace that is comfortable to me - I'm not trying to set any records. If I am sweating at the end, then I've done well, right? Well, today I was lapped by an old lady =( She just zipped right by me and left me standing in her dust! Man, that made me feel really bad about myself. If she is out there next time, I might have to trip her or something - LOL! (just kidding!)

3 comments:

Sherri said...

yep, sweating at the end means you are burning calories and getting exercise. Good for you. The knee just probably needs a little time to adjust to the increased activity. Probably isn't that bad to need a dr. He'll probably just tell you to stop using it and there goes your exercise!

Laurie said...

WOO HOO on the walking!!! Don't you let that old lady get to you, she's been walking a LOT longer then you have :D and cool birds!! I can't wait to see the next pictures

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

How cute! The birds look like they're wearing those goggles you have to wear in the tanning bed!