I had surgery on Thursday to remove some cysts from my scalp (eew! I know!). I have put it off too long and finally just made the appointment and went for it. I thought I was going in for 9 or maybe 10 but it turns out there were 12. I was out of it most of the day and in some pain. The vicodin they gave me really makes me feel out of sorts - clammy and sick to my stomach. I can't take it and not have to lay down - blech! I would have made a very bad drug addict! LOL :)
Today I'm feeling better, I can sit up with out feeling like I'm going to pass out. I'm handling the pain with 2 ibuprofen every 4 hours. I was able to take a short shower when I got up but I started feeling woozy so I got out. My sister Cindy came over and helped my comb out my hair and I just felt so much better.
The weirdest thing to happen is my forehead is swelling up on the right side. It did this last year on the left side and then my glands became swollen and I found out I was allergic to amoxicillin. I haven't taken anything even closely related to that so I'm not sure what is causing the swelling. My glands aren't swollen so right now I'm not too worried.
In other news.......
Brandon has his driving permit!! EEK! I let him drive the car around the high school parking lot. He is going to need ALOT of practice before he is allowed to drive on the road - LOL! I told him to circle around the lot a few times. He started out okay - as long as we were going in a straight line. Once we got to the turn, he didn't slow down at all - just turned! YIKES! I thought I was going to have a heart attack :/ After doing this 3 times in a row, I had to get out of the car. OMG - I just thought he would do better, like I envisioned him just getting in the car and driving. Bryan did so much better - guess I'll just have to spend more time with the young one :)
We finally have the concrete work finished around our pool! Now we just need to finally get the pool cover off and get the filter running. The kids are anxious and they are driving Dave and I nuts.
I also got my grab bag of unmounted stamps from Viva Las Vegas stamps :) I spent Wednesday night trimming all my new rubbah! I now have a new collection of stamps to try and create some things with, a few I probably won't be keeping for one reason or another and a couple that will more than likely go into the trash can - hehehe! But that's the luck of the draw with grab bags I guess. I'm happy though that I did get more that I'll be keeping than finding a new home for.
So that's all for now - gotta go take some more ibuprofen and maybe watch a movie. Catch y'all soon!
5 comments:
I'm so glad you're starting to feel better ((hugs)) Good luck with Brandon! I can't imagine teacher my boys to drive!
Hey sis!
Thanks for updating! Glad to hear your surgery went well ~ hope you heal quickly! Don't be afraid to take pain meds ~ you heal faster!!
I bet the boys are totally chopming at the bit about not being able to get in your pool! I know I'd be!! LOL!
TAKE IT EASY!!!
Laura
What a drag that you have a bad reaction to the pain meds! It's bad enough to have pain, but then to feel sick too.....YUCK!
Here's hoping you feel better by now and that you're feeling like a normal person soon.
Your description of going for a drive with Brandon is hilarious!! I remember those days.......!
Tammy, I hope you heal fast. What are the cysts caused from? will they return? My cousin has to go through something similar. It's pretty painful for her too. I know what you mean about the meds. I can not take narcotics, they totally mess me up. I found out the hared way before and after the gallbladder surgery. UGH!
Please don't toss any stamps! If you send them my way I will trade them out for others in my VLVS trade bag. I frequently trade off their site, I can replace those trashy ones with some you will use! Let me know if you'd want to do that and I will put it in with the other trade goodies. I'm planning to mail them this week. Let me know if you need my address again.
Glad you are doing better...I didn't know you were having surgery. Keep us posted on the new driver...glad you live far away! LOL!
Post a Comment