Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Getting back to normal.....

Wish I had something fun and exciting to post here - but I don't. Just trying to get back to normal.

Shannon - the doctor can't really tell me why I get these cyst's on my scalp. Apparently they can appear anywhere that hair grows so I guess I'm lucky they aren't not somewhere else However, my mom had a few and two of my 4 sisters have had them. I'm just the lucky one that has multiple ones. This time I had 12 removed and in the past I've had 5 or 6 removed. So yes, new ones will appear but hopefully the ones they removed won't come back. Oh, and I will send those goofy stamps to you to add to your trade envelope if you don't really mind!

I let Brandon drive around the high school parking lot again. This time was not quite as bad as the first, but he still has a long way to go. I only had my head smacked against the headrest twice - I told him to try and not to let it happen a third time and if it did, that would be the last of his driving adventures until I healed completely. He has a habit of accelerating quickly which throws your head back - then breaking hard which throws your head forward, then back again.

Bryan's last day of Consumer Ed is tomorrow. He came home with some cool news. One of the projects they did during the course of the class, was buying and tracking stocks on the NYSE. Each student was given a set amount of money and told to pick stocks equal to that sum. He ended up making a 6.7% return on his investment. He was the top earner in the class - the second top was only at a 1.7% increase. So he will get a Quizno's gift certificate. I told him that maybe he should consider doing something along the line of investments - David just wanted the stock information LOL!

David's been working pretty much non-stop for the past 4 days on the pool. The water was in pretty bad shape since it hadn't been opened in a couple of years. I knew we should have added more chemicals during the winter. He's done a pretty good job - it's gone from looking like lake water to being a nice light jade color. There was a tremendous amount of algae in there. It should be ready to be vacuumed tomorrow and possibly ready to swim in by the weekend.

I "might" be taking a little extended weekend trip to San Diego with David the third weekend of July. He is going out there for business on Monday and then I would fly out later in the week. Wonder if I could talk him into letting me go out there on Monday with him and hang out for the entire week? I've been waiting for the chance to go out to California with him for more than a couple of years. I'm hoping everything works out that I can go.

Everything for the kitchen remodel has been ordered! I am so excited to finally get this project underway. A copy of all the orders and receipts arrived in the mail today. Yikes! There's alot of stuff on there. We are having the entire kitchen, foyer and bathroom ripped out and replaced. I wish I had some pictures of the things we are using other than appliances. I just love the cabinets and flooring and tile for the backsplash - just everything. I'll share some pictures of the before, during and after as the project moves along. Hopefully the contractor will be getting started in about 4-6 weeks; as soon as the cabinets arrive.

Well, that's all for now.......like I said, nothing to fun and exciting, but that's my life for now!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

((hugs)) I'm so glad you're feeling better!! You guys have a lot going on! I can't wait to see the new kitchen!!

:::b r a n d i::: said...

ooooh, I didn't know you were getting a new kitchen!! How fun!