Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Shrinky Dink Skeleton ATC


I created this ATC for the October ATC swap on the About.com Scrapbooking forum. I love the way it turned out! I hope I have enough bats to make at least 4 more. If not, I guess I'll have to improvise.


I used shrinky dink material to make the skeleton. The image is from the Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection - Trick or Treat. The stamp is something like 4.25" which is too big to fully fit on an ATC but by shrinking it, I created a perfect sized embellishment.

The background was just white cardstock that I sprayed with a homemade mist. I filled a mini-mister with 1/2 water and 1/2 Ranger Adirondack Terra Cotta alcohol ink. I just spritzed the ink on until I got the coverage I wanted. I then stamped the spider web with StazOn Jet Black ink using one of the stamps from the same Stamper's Anonymous set.

This background was then covered with a coat of DecoArt Triple Thick Gloss Glaze. I love this glaze because it only takes one coat to get a good coverage and it levels itself out, doesn't curl and it doesn't leave brush marks. Plus the paper doesn't become stiff - it remains very pliable. The only thing I don't like is having to wait about 24 hrs for it to dry completely. I hate waiting on stuff like that - LOL :)

I used Ranger's Glossy Accents to adhere the skeleton although any clear drying adhesive would probably work. The bats are Rain Dots by Cloud 9 Designs and add a bit more dimension. The last thing I did was stamp the "frightful & delightful" sentiment using Studio G Clear Stamps that I found at Archiver's yesterday. I love these little stamps - they are perfectly sized for ATCs and best of all - they are only $1!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo! I love it!

Laurie said...

that is sooo cute!!! I'll keep my fingers that I'm one of the lucky receipients!! You're so creative!!