Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
My dad is back in the hospital tonight
He has a small blood clot in his left calf. I noticed that he had some swelling in his ankles when I was there yesterday. My sister said that this morning you couldn't even tell he had ankles. So he will be in the hospital at least tonight, getting some blood thinners to hopefully break up the clot.
He has a small blood clot in his left calf. I noticed that he had some swelling in his ankles when I was there yesterday. My sister said that this morning you couldn't even tell he had ankles. So he will be in the hospital at least tonight, getting some blood thinners to hopefully break up the clot.I've been feeling some animosity toward a couple of my siblings. My sisters Trina and Sara and myself have been with my dad every single day since his surgery. I have 2 other sisters and 2 brothers. It would be nice if everyone kicked in and helped to sit with him during the day so we can at least have a day at home to do things that need to be done. I know we all have stuff we are doing, but geez, a little help wouldn't hurt would it?? If there are 7 all together (not counting spouses) it would seem that we could work this out but at least one person only wants to be there on their timing, and another can't be counted on when they say they'll be there. It's ridiculous.
Kitchen Update
I was hoping to see a bit more done with the cabinets when I got home Friday. The cabinet and vanity are in the bathroom, but the sink and toilet are not hooked up. There are a couple of cabinets in the kitchen but they aren't installed. I'm not sure how long something like this takes, but I just imagined more being done.
3 comments:
Oh sis!!
((((((((HUGS))))))))
As far as your siblings, maybe you just need to flat out ASK them for help. (just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt)Maybe even make up a schedule as to when everyone is available to take their turn "sitting" with your dad?? Just a thought...
Sorry, the kitchen seems to be going slow... Maybe a lot will happen at once! :)
HANG IN THERE!!
I love ya!!
Laura
((hugs)) it's so hard when everyone isn't pulling their weight helping out. Maybe they know you 3 will be there??
I sure hope the kitchen starts coming together for you. I can't wait to see it finished.
oh man, well, we will keep praying for him
cool shrinky dink atc's!
hang in there with the kitchen remodel. it will be done soon
Post a Comment