Today was a long day..........I picked my dad up and we all headed to the hospital around 8am. His surgery was at 11am but you have to be there 2 hours prior. At 10am, they took him up to the surgery waiting area. My sister Trina and I went with him to keep him company until he was actually taken to the OR. The surgery lasted approx. 2 hours and they were able to remove the cancer and leave the kidney intact. It was the best news possible! He has a few incisions, held closed with steri-strips. I think the largest is about 3 inches. When I left, he was still sleepy from the anesthesia so I told him I would see him in the morning. A bit later, I got a phone call from my sister Sara - the doctor had been in to see him and said he did well during the surgery. There is a possibility he will come home tomorrow. If not, then for sure on Saturday. God is good!
3 comments:
I'm so glad things went so well today!! Hope your dad recovers quickly.
Awesome news Tammy! I thought he'd be in the hospital for at least a week. Let's just hope he continues to heal this well. What a relief it must be for have the surgery done...for him and for your family.
Such good news!! God Is GOOD!
Post a Comment