Sunday, December 07, 2008

Catching up.............

Wow - it's been awhile, hasn't it? Seems like I've been busy but not really getting anything done. Do you ever have days like that?

Our kitchen project is basically complete (yea!). There is some trim moulding that has been ordered but is taking the slow boat from China to get here. One of the doors on the pantry is warped and we are waiting on the replacement. The knobs on the new cooktop needed adjusting and one has to have the bezel replaced.

I still have about half of my kitchen items packed in boxes. I just don't feel like unpacking for some reason. I need to get to it though - I want my dining room to be a dining room and not a storage unit.

I did manage to get the sealer on most of the granite countertops. I still have the island and the beverage center to finish. It doesn't take long but I need lots of lint free cloths so I had to stop and throw them in the washing machine.

Brandon and Bryan carried the Christmas decorations in from the big garage today. Brandon and I put up the Christmas tree in the living room. I'm not going to worry about the tree for the "man cave" in the basement. If David wants one down there this year, he can put it up - hehehe! No, really - he put it up and decorated it last year by himself.

I've gotten a couple of emails asking about my dad. He is doing so well. He is home on his own and moving around and taking care of himself. I took him to lunch and the grocery store last Thursday. He said it was the first time in 2 weeks that he had left the house. His lung is still healing from the surgery in September and the cold air makes him cough and it makes it hard for him to breathe. This should lessen in time. But he really is doing well, looks great and we are all thankful that he is. We've been blessed!

It's almost 12:30am so I think I'm going to turn in for the night. Just didn't want you all to think I'd dropped off the face of the earth ;) More later..............

2 comments:

Sherri said...

glad to hear your dad is doing well. The kitchen is done!! Wahoo! I want to see final pictures. you are way ahead of me on Christmas decorations

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Great news about your Dad!

I can't wait to see the photos from the kitchen once everything is all in order again!