The new table and chairs arrived today! I have a couple of pictures to share of the kitchen as well. I thought I had posted finished pictures but I guess I didn't. Here goes.......you should be able to click on any picture for a larger image...........
Overall view - this is what you see as you walk in from the garage.
Here is the new table - we went with a counter height set so 2 extra chairs could be seated at the island. There is a leaf that can be added to make seating for 6.
Here's the beverage center. In the upper cabinet I have cups, coffee, creamers, tea, hot chocolate, etc. You can see my Keurig and a small expresso machine. The little refrigerator is actually a beverage cooler. It has 3 cooling levels - one for soda/water/etc., and two for different types of wine.
Here is the pantry. I am really fortunate to have so much storage space. In fact, there is hardly anything in the four upper cabinets.
This is the inside of the pantry on the right side. See, I told you there was hardly anything in the top! The shelves in the main section all pull out like drawers. I love this feature. The old pantry had stationary shelving and it was so hard to see what was on the bottom 2 shelves without getting down on my knees.
This is what I call the message center. If you walked past the pantry to the garage door (or bathroom) this is right near that. I have some misc. stuff stored in the upper cabinet. The lower cabinet has 2 pull-out drawers and I have the phone books and pet stuff in there.
This is the Bosch microwave and oven combo. The microwave is also a convection oven and I could bake pies or cakes in there. The oven is also a convection oven but can be used as a traditional oven as well. It has all sorts of settings on it including a fast preheat which I use all the time. There is a cabinet just above this that has two shelves. I have some seasonal glassware stored on the top and some misc. serving pieces on the bottom. 
This is the gas cooktop. Its made by DCS (Fischer & Paykel). There are 4 gas burners and a gas grill in the center. I use the grill about 5 times a week - it's one of my most favorite things in the kitchen. The vent hood is all stainless steel and is made by Vent-A-Hood. There are two light settings and three fan settings.
This drawer is the top drawer under the cooktop and it's where I store my new Calphalon cookware. The bottom drawer houses my roasting pans and cake pans along with some other misc. items.
Here's the Bosch dishwasher and my beloved stainless steel farmhouse sink. This sink is my most favorite thing in the entire kitchen. I love the size - I can fit almost anything in there. I could give a small child a bath, that's how large it is. There are some that thought I would regret not getting a divided sink but so far I haven't missed it. I seriously just love this one!
This is a picture of the back side of the island. If you were standing at the sink and turned around, this is what you'd see. The bottom door on the right houses my trash bin and recycle bin. The drawer above that holds my silverware. The top middle drawers holds my dish towels and has a secondary slide out drawer that has all my kitchen utensils in it.
This is the middle drawer on the bottom. This is another cool feature that I had requested when we were designing the kitchen. My dinnerware is stored in a drawer that has a peg board style bottom. The pegs are adjustable according to the size of the dishes.
This is the last cabinet on the left of the back side of the island. This is where I store my mixing bowls, large measuring cups, and glass baking dishes.
Here is the front side of the island. I really like the addition of the table legs.
Here is a picture of the inside. I store smaller things here that I don't use daily. There's my apple peeler/corer, toaster, mandolin slicer, fry baby, cookie press, cookie cutters, etc. I haven't decided yet what I'll be putting in the 2 corner cabinets. They aren't that big so it will have to be smaller things.
So that's it! I didn't add pictures of the bathroom because there haven't been any changes since the last time I posted pictures. Also, I did try to fix the color in these pictures but the pendant lights over the island are Onyx and they cast a yellow hue which creates problems when I take pictures in here.
Here is the front side of the island. I really like the addition of the table legs.
Here is a picture of the inside. I store smaller things here that I don't use daily. There's my apple peeler/corer, toaster, mandolin slicer, fry baby, cookie press, cookie cutters, etc. I haven't decided yet what I'll be putting in the 2 corner cabinets. They aren't that big so it will have to be smaller things.
So that's it! I didn't add pictures of the bathroom because there haven't been any changes since the last time I posted pictures. Also, I did try to fix the color in these pictures but the pendant lights over the island are Onyx and they cast a yellow hue which creates problems when I take pictures in here.


11 comments:
OMG!!!
Sis, your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL!!
I am so jealous! :)
I want all of your cupboard space!
The colors ~ I LOVE the stainless steel ~ gosh I love it all!!
ENJOY!!! It looks AWESOME!!
Laura
Wow-za!!! That's GORGEOUS!!! I know you love it...it turned out so amazing!! I would love that sink too - it's very cool! And I love that it's not divided. you know, if you had a big party you could fill that puppy with ice and beverages really easily.
gorgeous! you are blessed.
Looks great! I am in love with my keurig, I got it last hannukah and am addicted to it.
Mindy
That's so pretty and clean looking. Love the stainless steel. Like the little fridge. it's all awesome! thanks for sharing the photos.
Your kitchen is incredible! It looked great in the one photo you posted on the forum but seeing all the nooks and crannies really makes me envious! Love all the colors you chose and I see you got top of the line appliances! With a kitchen this beautiful I'd want to hang out there all day!
beautiful. looks like a very functional and easy place to relax and cook
O M G!!!!! this is the most gorgeous kitchen EVER!!!
hi Tammy- no fish in the pond---s/he is still inside yet. have to get some plantlife growing and some dirt out yet. i know they can stay out all winter but ---brrrrr. I didnt get a photo of it today but thee is no open water thee today. i even stepped on the shallow end and it was solid.
the little dog wears that orange sweater (or the pink one but DH says the other dogs laugh at her in that LOL) all the time nearly in the winter..She is soooo cold all the time. LOL
Wow Tammy! I think if that was my kitchen I'd just want to sit and stare at it for a while before it was put to use! We'd be dining out and ordering in for another six months!!! LOL
Oh wow, that is such a GORGEOUS kitchen!!! Oh, to have ALL that STORAGE!!!! And those appliances are just beautiful!!!
Post a Comment