Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Good News, Bad News

After several phone calls to the doctor's office today, I finally have a diagnosis. I have Colitis. He prescribed an antibiotic called Avelox. I can continue with the anti-nausea medication if I feel I need to but I do not need to continue the Prevacid. So, I'm thrilled that it's not an ulcer or pancreatitis. Yea! But after doing more research, this could also be a really bad flare-up of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I've had issues with that for about 5 years and it's funny but I was just telling David that I thought I needed to talk with my doctor regarding that. I've been taking a probiotic supplement but haven't felt it was working as well as I'd like. So once I get this cleared up, I'm definately going back in and talking with the doc some more.

So that's some good news, bad news kinda stuff.

More good news.....my birthday present from David arrived in the mail today! He bought me at Pentax DA 18-250MM lens for my DSLR. It has a 14x zoom ratio covering both wide-angle and telephoto. I've wanted a lens like this since the boys were in sports. Hopefully I'll be able to get some great shots of Bryan at track this season.

More bad news.....my sister Trina was in a car accident. An older woman pulled across the lane in front of her and Trina couldn't avoid hitting her. Trina's van is totaled. Thank goodness she wasn't hurt seriously. She said she was driving about 45 mph and suddenly this lady coming towards her in the opposite direction, turns in front of her. She said she was standing on the brakes and it just didn't seem to even slow the van down. Now she is driving a rental car while the insurance companies work out how it will be settled.

I'll end this with more good news.........at my dad's last dr. appt., they told him they didn't need to see him back for 6 months! I thought that was amazing considering all he has been through. It also makes me feel especially confident that they removed all the cancer.

So I'm off to play catch-up and maybe get out my new lens and play with it as well.

5 comments:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

That's an emotional rollercoaster to read girl! Good, bad, good bad! Glad you have a name for your ailment...hopefully you can get it all sorted out. That's awesome news about your father! Sorry to hear about your sis's accident but thankful she wasn't injured.

{S} said...

WOW!! whirlwind! I hope you get well soon. I'm glad to hear your dad is better and that Trina wasn't hurt. Have fun with the lens!

Laurie said...

Yikes!! woo hoo!! woo hoo!! Yikes!! ok now I'm not sure where I left off :) SO SO SO happy to hear about your dad!! and Trina not being hurt, that could've been bad ((hugs)) I hope the new meds help you feel better fast!

Sherri said...

well that was a good news, bad news sort of post. Thankful Trina wasn't hurt!! Hope you figure out your health problem.

Anonymous said...

Hey sis!
I'm so glad you're feeling better! Have fun with your new toy! :)
I'm so sorry to hear about Trina! How's she doing now?
Also, GREAT NEWS about your Dad!!
What an interesting day you had, my dear!! LOL!
(((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Laura