Thursday, May 28, 2009

Graduation Party Invitations

Whew! They are finally done! I am pleased with the way these turned out :)  I followed the spring card tutorial on SplitCoastStampers. The red block on the bottom was embossed with the Cuttlebug Spots & Dots embossing folder. The black numbers were cut out with the Sizzix Girls Are Weird alphabet font. 

I made the tassels with embroidery floss by following the tutorial here. Using the template made it so much easier and I was able to get 30 done in about an hour.
The information was printed on a 3.5" x 3.5" square of cardstock and just adhered to the back. It covers the string from the tassel and the brad prongs. 

I made up a template to make the envelopes as well but when I saw that Archivers carries 5.5" square envelopes, I decided to just buy them and save myself the headache :)

Bryan and I went shopping today to find some party decorations and stuff. I lucked out at Factory Card Outlet. I found some things in the school colors: Congrats Grad Banner, bead necklaces (more for the little ones than anything), matching napkins, cups and tablecovers. I went ahead and purchased the two mylar balloons I wanted and I'll just take them back to the store later when I decide what I want in the balloon bouquet. The store had some of those grad party picks that I liked but I thought I could just make my own using my Wishblade. I've decided not to order a cake so my sister and I are making cupcakes. I thought it would be easier to let people serve themselves rather than me having to stop and serve the cake. Now if I can find some red and black sprinkles I'll be all set.


6 comments:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Those are so stinkin' cute!!!!! I love them!

{S} said...

way cool tammy!

Ann Marie said...

Those turned out so cool Tammy, love them!

Sherri said...

darling! I'm going to have to remember this for next year.

Molly said...

I LOVE those Tammy! You are so very talented!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Sis, those invitations look AWESOME!! GREAT job!!
I did receive Bryan's announcement, THANK YOU! But, didn't get anything in the mail to him til today! Sorry it's late! Hope the Graduation ceremony and party were GREAT! :)

Laura