Friday, September 29, 2006

Duck, Duck, Goose

On Fridays I get the chance to spend some time with my nephew. He is 18 months and just a complete joy to have around.

Today we went to the park and fed the ducks and geese. He was so excited to get to the edge of the lake that he fell and did a face dive into the grass. Ouch! It was sort of funny, in a way, cuz he was running toward the waters edge waving madly at the ducks as if he were running to meet a good friend. The ground slopes slightly as you near the water and then, bonk!, down he goes, rolling over onto his back. He didn't miss a beat and got back up and off he went again. We fed the ducks some stale hamburger buns I had saved just for this trip.

We also visited the little petting zoo. We fed the new baby goats and he chased the peacock around. I had thought about taking my camera but decided against it. I like to spend time with him and just enjoy him, not chasing him so I can snap pictures all the time - although he is a great subject to photograph! After 2 hours at the zoo, we went home and had lunch and then took our afternoon naps. Yes, I nap with him - not that I need the excuse to take one. I can sleep just about anytime!

About an hour later, the phone rang. It was the principal at Bryan's school - he had stepped in a hole while playing football during gym. They had it elevated and iced. I picked him up from school and took him to have it x-rayed. He was able to walk on it so I'm thinking it's not broken. But I've hesitated with him before and he has had broken bones, so I decided that I would just get it x-rayed to be on the safe side. We'll get the results back on Monday - Tuesday at the latest. He is walking with a slight limp and it's a little bruised but not too bad. I hope it's not broken.

7 comments:

Jen Hoover said...

Hi Tammy!! {{WAVING}}

great to see you blogging :D

I was totally able to vision you and your nephew out feeding the ducks/geese today. We do the similar thing usually every couple of months. Only problem is Ally *LOVES* them a bit TOO much! ;)

I hope Bryan isn't broken! ~ouch!

Jen Hoover :D

Darcy said...

Heyya, Tammy! It's going to be fun to keep up with you this way..especially as many of us from about.com seem to drift further and further. I hope Bryan heals up quickly!

Cindy said...

I've linked you on my blog. :O)

I hope Bryan's leg isn't broken and it's just a sprain.

Shakira said...

Hey Tammy!!!!!!!! Great start. Hmmm I need to get myself started one of these days :)

Shakira

Anonymous said...

Hey there sis!
Gosh! How's Bryan doing?? I hope he's okay!
That's such a cute story about your little nephew! You should try to take some photos of the little cutie though! :)

Laura

{S} said...

TAMMY!! Hi there! hope Byran's ankle is ok.
Your nephew is so lucky. I'd love to have you as my auntie. LOL! ;~)
Is it ok if I link you on my blog? Mostly for my own use to come check in on you. LMK!
S~

daiva e said...

Hope Bryan's doing ok... I didn't think Matt's finger was broken either, but it was.

Sounds like you have a great time with your nephew! We should do a playdate at the zoo some friday with Adam.