<<<----- Look at my fancy blinkies and links! Thanks to my good friend Shannon I am able to get some personality on here. I'm not so good with HTML so I was looking a bit boring. Oh, and I'm on the lookout for a Survivor: Cook Islands blinkie - if you know where I can find one let me know!
In other news, I managed to give myself 2nd degree burns on my left hand :( I had just finished cleaning the iron skillet on the stove when it happened. We have a gas stove so it has those grates that the pots sit on. Anyway, after turning off the stove and finishing the skillet in the sink, I decided to clean the cooktop. I reached over and grabbed the grate and burned my thumb and 3 fingers - can we say OUCH!! It hurt so bad. I ran it under cold tap water and then held it in a glass of ice water until the burning sensation was almost gone. Only 2 fingers actually blistered but it's not so bad now. Hey, I'm typing after all! I'll just have to be more aware next time.
Bryan's ankle is so much better today. There is hardly any swelling and he was able to walk without limping. Thanks to everyone that sent well-wishes - he appreciates all the good thoughts.
4 comments:
Ouch!! We used to have an electric stove when we lived in IL and I never liked it... DH kept it turned on low to keep the food in the skillet warm (he turned it back on after I turned it off) and I put my hand flat on it once... I hate those things because you can't tell if it's on or not by just looking at the burner. Can't say I've ever burned my self on gas stove grates, though. Hope it's feeling better soon!
woooooweeee!! ;) Look at your little niche :D
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???
STOVE = HOT! ;) hugs... hope you aren't in too much pain. and good thing Bryan's not broken!
What are you up to these days?
did you try out for the About SDT?
Oh, man!! is it your writing hand? can you scrap?!?! That's gotta hurt. :~( I hope it heals soon.
So glad Bryan is on the mend.
Your blog looks great, so fun. I love the "neat" blinky. LOL!
I'm sorry to hear about your hands. That hurts!!!
Post a Comment