Monday, December 11, 2006

Catching up......

When I started this blog, I had serious intentions of keeping up almost every day. Now I find myself writing something about once a week. Sorry to all my visitors - I'll try to do better.

This year Dave and I are hosting my family's Christmas celebration at our house. Yikes! Did I just say that??!! Normally, my sister Cindy and her husband Mike do the honors. I can't remember how long they've been doing it - but I can't remember them not doing it either. Well, they are in the process of remodeling their kitchen and things are sorta torn up, torn down and just plain missing (like the floor!). So I asked if she would mind me hosting and she was happy to turn it over. I'm nervous - what if no one shows up?! ACK! I'm having a bit anxiety but I know everything will turn out fine. I just hosted Thanksgiving dinner and it turned out to be a really nice evening.

I'm just about to scream from Christmas shopping this year. I'm almost done with Brandon but I can't think of things for Bryan. I'm reluctant to buy video games since we are giving them each some cash that we figured they could use to purchase games if that is what they wanted. What do you buy for a 16 year old boy??

David is another hard one to buy for. He has given me a few really good ideas but I don't know how to go about taking care of them. Two are golf related and I have no idea about that. I wish I knew his golf buddies better - I'd give them a call.

I have a "new to me" computer. I just got a new Mac Mini earlier this year and I loved it. Last year for Christmas I bought David a PowerMac G5 and now this year he had his eye on a new Mac Laptop. So I am the lucky person to get the G5. We are going to give the MacMini to Bryan. He is currently using an old iMac and seriously needs something better.

I've been working on getting my Christmas cards done this year. I just never got around to it last year (I know, bad Tammy!) so I'm am serious about sending them this year. I have them almost finished - here is a picture of one that I'll share. The rest will have to be a surprise :)

Bryan's boy scout Christmas party was this past Sunday. We invited my dad to come along. They served a nice lunch and a few of the leaders provided Christmas music while we ate. I really have a hard time at these types of events. For some reason, they never get started on time so I feel like my time is being wasted. If they would just practice some of the skits and such, it would move along much smoother and I think it would be more enjoyable for those of us that are there to watch. I usually can't wait to get out of there and I think it probably shows on my face :(

In closing, if you can, please say a prayer for my sister Trina's father-in-law. He was taken to the hospital this morning.

No comments: