I've been debating on some sort of garland to put on it. I found some cute beaded garland today but Bryan was with me and he liked the tinsel type garland. I figured I'd go shopping again when he wasn't with me. Then we got into a disagreement with whether or not the garland went on the tree before or after the ornaments! He definataly has his own idea of how things should be. When I was a kid, my dad always put tinsel on the tree - after the ornaments. When they switched to garland - they still did it after so I figure that's when your supposed to do it.
This was the first year I've handed over the job of putting the Angel on the treetop to Bryan. He is almost tall enough to do it without a step stool. My mom made this Angel for me a long time ago - I'd have to guess 16 years? She only made two of them - one for me and one for my sister Cindy. They are both made from fabric Mom used when she made Cindy's wedding gown and the lace from the wedding veil she made for me. I still think it's better than any you can find in the stores - mostly because it was made with love ;)After last night it's official - the tree in the front yard is going to have to be removed. It just basically has collapsed all the large branches from the weight of the ice. I can't believe that we are loosing two more trees in our front yard. It's so sad. My sister Cindy is still without power as is my brother Lonnie. Jason's power came back on sometime Friday morning. Last I heard, Jason had taken a generator over to Trina's so they could keep their heat, refrigerator and freezer running. David and I drove through Collinsville, a neighboring town and where Lonnie lives, tonight and it was eerily dark. I am so thankful we have power. I hope those without will not have to wait much longer.
2 comments:
what a special heirloom to have. It is most definitely better than anything you can buy.
So sorry about the trees. That is really sad. Mother nature has been brutal to your yard this year.
I hope your siblings get their power back soon.
That's a beautiful angel, Tammy. I love that it was made from your and your sister's wedding gowns. How neat. Our tree is still in storage and I can't get to it without help. I'm going to give the contractors the rest of this coming week to finish their stuff and we'll do the tree next weekend - I hope...
Post a Comment