Thursday, January 11, 2007

I look like a freak!!

I woke up Tuesday morning and the left side of my face in front of my ear was swollen. I wasn't sure if it was a swollen gland or maybe something hormonal. I decided to wait another day before calling the Dr.

On Wednesday, I woke up and both back and right sides of my neck were swollen. Then I knew it was my lymph nodes. I went into the Dr. that day. I also had a little funky rash on my scalp that I didn't think was related but......there's a chance I have Shingles :( Since the rash area isn't painful she is thinking it might be Folliculitis but she said it looked like shingles. So today I started Amoxicillin 875mg 2x daily and if the swelling didn't go down, I was to call her and she would start an anti-viral. The rash area started out about the size of a quarter at the same time as the first lump - now it's about twice that size and itches. The doc said that shingles is usually pretty painful and so far that isn't really a symptom for me.

It started itching last night and in my sleep I scratched it - boy, that woke me up! And it did hurt for a while. But the weirdest thing is when I woke up this morning - MY FORHEAD IS NOW SWOLLEN!! I look like a freak I called the Dr. and they are adding Levaquin to take in addition to the amoxicillin. It's used to treat infections - so we'll see. I think that since there isn't any real pain associated with it, they are still thinking infection vs. shingles.

I a little bit bummed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not a freak....at least not to me. :)
I'm hoping that this will start to go away once ur antibiotics kick in. Hoping for the best..
LUV ya,
Trina

Anonymous said...

Tammy, you are just getting ahead start on halloween. I know you you want to have the best mask so you started creating it early. No seriously I hope you are okay. Love sara

Laurie said...

((hugs)) I sure hope the meds work for you!! a swollen forehead huh?? oh man I can't help was wonder what that looks like!