Monday, July 23, 2007

July 2007 AASC Retreat

This past weekend I went to the All American Scrapbook Co. retreat. My friend Daiva rode with me and we left Thursday morning. We stopped in Springfield to shop at Scrapbook Your Story and have lunch. I'm guesstimating that we arrived at the retreat around 1:30pm.

It's always nice to see my friends Lori and Laurie. I sat at a table with Daiva, Lori and a newbie - Joyce. The 3 of us thought we might scare her away but she fit right in and was a great sport. Susan had driven up from Alabama with a couple of people she knows from there.

Last year, the July retreat was the official About.com scrapbook retreat but this year there were only a few of us that were able to make it.

I was able to get 10 pages scrapped. I also made 4 or 5 cards for Keiki Cards. I am such a slow scrapper that its pathetic! Most people can get at least that amount done in a day. Anyway, just wanted to share some pics of what I did get done......let me know what you think!

This first 2-page layout is Brandon's 13th birthday. I think he looks like a trucker in his t-shirt and hat - LOL! Anyway, I used the Surprise Party stickers and chipboard coordinates from Moxxie



This next layout is the left side of what will eventually be a 2-page layout. This is Bryan bowling in a Saturday morning bowling league in 2002. The papers are from the Autumn Leaves Rhonna Farrer line called Superstar. The title was cut with my Wishblade using the font VantasyHouse

This was a quick and simple. Bryan served on the Boy Scout Honor Guard back in 2002. The paper is BSA Boy Scout Oath Flat Paper by K&Co. The title is done in rub-on's - unknown origin.
One of the other boy scout moms gave me this picture a couple of years ago. It's Bryan at the rifle range at boy scout camp. It's the only picture I have of him at camp that year - wish I had written down what year it was. I cut the rifle die-cut with my Wishblade.


These are pictures of Bryan with a tiny baby turtle that he found in our pool's filter basket. I used the title Lost & Found and plan on adding the story about how the turtle must have lost it's way to the lake and ended up in our pool - then Bryan found it. I used paper's from My Mind's Eye Everyday Tango line. The title was cut using my Wishblade.


I am so happy with how this next layout turned out. These are pictures of my brother-in-law Jason and his new wife, Jessica. They were married on the beach in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico this past April. I used some Bazzil Bling cardstock, a Bazzil Bling flower, and some other misc. stuff that I can't remember where it came from. The flourishes were cut on my Wishblade.

This next 2-page layout was so much fun to put together. Being the mom of 2 boys I don't have much chance to use bling in my scrapbooks. I have to admit that without the help of Daiva and Susan, it would not be as nice as it is. I only wish the pictures showed the sparkle. I used Bazzil Bling cardstock, glitter glue and rhinestones to help recreate the sparkle of the lights in this parade. I used some chipboard flourishes of Daiva's to make a pattern for the glitter glue. It took a very long time to put these pages together and dry but the end result is better than I had imagined.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh, sis!! Those are FABULOUS!!!
The last one is just STUNNING!!
AWESOME JOB!!!!

Good for you to get 10 pages done!
Glad you had a good time at the retreat!

Jen Hoover said...

Tammy,
Your layouts are awesome! {and for the record *I* am a S-L-O-W scrapper!} LOL remember last year, I got what??? 1 or 2 layouts STARTED! not even finished... pathetic eh? LoL

bummer that I couldn't go this year...

{S} said...

Absolutely gorgeous pages Tammy!!
Meet me there in November 08!! :~)

Cindy said...

That last layout is so awesome!! Great job on all the layouts really. And I am glad you had a good time at the retreat.

Laurie said...

I'm so glad you had a good time!! Your pages are awesome!! Even better in person!

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Great work Tammy! I wish I could have made the trek up to Illinois this year but it just wasn't in the cards. Instead we got together in Texas so we could all scrap "in spirit". I got 45 pages done, 6 cards, and 1 altered clipboard.