I am participating in an ATC swap on the
About.com Scrapbook forum. Not sure what an ATC is? ATC = Artist Trading Cards. ATC's or Artist Trading Cards are original miniature works of art the size of sports trading cards. They are created by artists who work in all sorts of different mediums like rubber stampers, fabric artists, painters, calligraphers, collage artists, and photographers just to name a few. You can use chalks, inks, pencils, fibers, fabric, photographs, beads and embellishments to create your own little miniature works of art. Any types of techniques are allowed, and anyone can create them.
Once created, ATC’s are signed, dated and titled on the back. They are then traded with other ATC artists. The concept of ATC is the person-to-person trade, as well as trading by mail. The most fun is to trade person-to-person though. The basic idea is the card-for-card trade. Money is not intended to be exchanged for ATC’s.
I've never created one of these but I recently purchased some stamps from
Viva Las Vegas that I thought would be fun to try on this.
This is my first attempt at making an ATC. I think I'm going to title it "The King" or maybe just "Shake It Baby" would be better.

I used the
Bouncing Brayer technique for the background. I found the Elvis image on the web and just printed it on cardstock and trimmed around it with decorative edge scissors. The flourish stamp is a Stampendous Perfectly Clear acrylic stamp. I found it in the $1 bin at Michael's. The dancing man and Shake It Baby stamps were in the grab bag I purchased at Viva Las Vegas. They were the inspiration for this card. The crown is from
Making Memories magnetic stamp set. I added a couple rhinestones to the crown just because I could.
3 comments:
I absolutely love it and hope I get one in the swap.
OK, I love this ATC! It's so darn cute and fun. Great job. And, I have to lol on the bling thing!!
That is SO cool! I love the stamps you used and also the great way the colors are used! :-)
Post a Comment