Thursday, February 07, 2008

Brandon's Birthday Cupcake

So I promised that I would share a picture of the gigantic cupcake that I made for Brandon's birthday this past Monday. Promise not to laugh. I should have baked the cake on Sunday, but I got wrapped up in the Super Bowl game and then a new episode of House came on, etc. LOL I managed to get the cake baked in between running around most of the day on Monday. But I had a bit of a problem with the icing. The white didn't turn out right - it was a bit soft so it wasn't exactly staying where I wanted it. But Brandon liked it, that's all that mattered =)

6 comments:

{S} said...

it turned out really cute!!! How long does it take for the cake to bake in that?

daiva e said...

I think the giant cupcake looks fantastic!! I like the way the white turned out, too.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, sis ~ I think that's a GORGEOUS cake!!
Looks yummy!!!!!
Awesome job!

Laura

TammyB said...

Shannon - I baked each side separately even though you can bake the top and bottom at the same time. I baked the larger bottom half for 50 minutes, testing it just as you would a normal cake. The top half I baked 30-35 minutes. Each time, I filled the unused side halfway with water to help distribute the heat evenly. Hope this answers your question!

Laurie said...

that turned out great!!!

:::b r a n d i::: said...

It turned out so cute!!!! You did a fantastic job!