Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Wow - August has become a very busy month for us. I've had a few things that I thought I would blog about, but time passes and they just don't seem as important anymore.

On Tuesday, all of our kitchen things were delivered. It was fun to watch everything being unpacked and inspected. I got the first real look at our new cabinets and they are wonderful! It was so nice to see the "real thing" and not just a little fake door front. They gave us a start date of August 25th - that is when they will do the dust protection, with demolition starting the following day. I've already got about 2/3's of my kitchen stuff packed. All that remains is the dishes, silverware, utensils and pots/pans. Oh, and the food in the cabinets and refrigerator. I've already made 2 trips to the Goodwill to drop off items and I have another 2 boxes to go. It really feels good to purge some things, knowing that I won't have to unpack them later.

Take a look at these huge mushrooms that were growing in my dad's front yard - they're ginormous!! The first pic is my dad holding one that had just fallen over, and the second pic is next to Bryan's feet (he's got his grass cutting shoes on!)

Now, this next picture is a gorgeous flower that my dad has growing in his yard. He actually has two of these plants that get taller than me and they produce alot of these huge pink flowers. If I had to guess, they flowers are about 6-7" wide. Anyone know what they are called??

Guess that's about it for now. As things start to progress more on the kitchen, I plan on sharing more photo's. I can't wait for them to get started and then to get finished!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous flowers. I believe they are Hibiscus.

Sherri said...

what the heck kind of fertilizer does your dad use!? wow.

Anonymous said...

Yep, they're hibiscus. They produce gorgeous flowers. We have a few in our yard, yellow, the pink you have, red and one that's yellow with a red center.

daiva e said...

Our neighbors used to have mushrooms like that grow in their yard. They'd literally appear overnight! Good luck with the kitchen - I hope things go smoothly. The flowers are hibiscus.

Laurie said...

WOW!! those ARE some ginormous mushrooms....makes me think...pizza!! my favorite topping =o)

pretty flowers!

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Just because almost every other commenter has said it, I'll tell you that those are hibiscus. We used to sell them at Home Depot. They come in different size varieties...I guess your dad's are the larger variety. They're the state flower of Hawaii.

Karenladd said...

Those mushrooms are definitely patio roofs for fairies! Aren't mushrooms strange, they pop up overnight and double in size by the hour!!
Gorgeous hibiscus!!

Karenladd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.