My dad will be coming home today! He's happy, as we all are, that things are getting better. He was up and walking around yesterday. He also got up and shaved and bathed himself the best he could. He will be coming home with oxygen and a pneumostat.
Dental Woes
Yesterday I had the second visit with my dentist for my implant. In July, I had to have a molar removed that already had a root canal and crown. Then something happened and my body was eating away at the root, causing pain. Therefore, the tooth had to be removed. Then I had to wait a couple months for the bone and gum tissue to heal.
So anyway, this implant wasn't supposed to cause much pain, if any. Dr. Boatman told me to take 2 Aleve when I got home, 1 more at 6pm, then 2 the next morning and then every 12 hours for the next week. Well, by 6pm I was feeling some moderate discomfort and the Aleve wasn't doing anything. So at 8:45pm I took 2 Advil cuz I've always had more luck with that. But even after an hour from that, I was almost in tears. My jaw was killing me. I called the dentist and he called in a prescription for hydrocodone. I laid down with ice on my jaw for about 1/2 hour and then the meds started to kick in. After about an hour, I was able to sleep. I didn't take a second dose of the med cuz I need to drive myself. I did take 2 Aleve but I can feel it starting again. Now I need to go back into his office today for a quick check on things. I hope there isn't anything seriously wrong.
3 comments:
(((Hugs))) and prayers. I'm glad to hear that your Dad is finally heading home!! I hope your visit to the dentist was ok.
OH sis!!
If it's not your back, it's your teeth??
((((((((HUGS))))))))
I hope the dentist visit goes well!!
TAKE CARE!!
Laura
So glad to read that your Dad is heading home! I will say a quick prayer about your dental woes...those are certainly never fun.
Post a Comment