Monday, September 08, 2008

Finally Monday

Whew - I never thought I'd be so happy that Monday has arrived! 

On Friday evening, Brandon and I left the house to pick up some dinner. We weren't gone more than 5 minutes when I got a phone call from Bryan. He had stepped on one of the nails on the floor and cut the bottom of his foot :(   We rushed back home and I took him to the urgent care center. Three hours later we walked out with Bryan on crutches with 3 stitches in his foot. Not Fun!! 

I spent Saturday and Sunday afternoon canning apples with my sister Trina. A co-worker had given her 3 plastic shopping bags of apples and I picked 2.5 buckets (5 gallon) off my tree. I was so happy that my tree produced fruit this year. Last year there weren't any apples - I guess the drought we had really affected the trees. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! That Bryan! LOL! Did he need a tetanus shot too? YIKES! I hope his foot heals quickly! Is he able to go to school?

Laura

{S} said...

ouch!!! Oh man, how long on the crutches? I hope he heals quickly.

I'll keep my eye out for apple recipes to send your way. ;~)

daiva e said...

I read that Bryan's foot will be ok and that he didn't need another shot. That's a relief!

It was probably the really late freeze we had last year in April that killed your apple crop. It killed my japanese maple out front.