They finished demolition on Tuesday. (They had Monday off for Labor Day.) Taking out the flooring turned out to a bigger PITA than I thought. I'm so glad that part of the project is over. There was another day of nothing on Wednesday. The project manager called in sick and they rescheduled the electritions for Thursday. This actually worked out well - I needed to take my dad to the oncologist and I didn't need to worry about someone walking out the door with my jewelry and large screen television! LOL!
I have to say that on Tuesday night, I was at my sister Trina's house baking an apple pie for my dad. I thought it would help to cheer him up considering all he is going through right now. I had taken David to the airport earlier Tuesday for a trip to Denver so there wouldn't be anyone at home with the workers. I hadn't even given it a second thought since we had already supplied the project manager with a key to the house. She asked me if I was worried about anything being stolen - and of course I hadn't. So I didn't sleep well that night and I woke up before my larm sounded. But I got a phone call at 7am and was told the project manager called in sick and the electricians would be out the next day. I felt such a relief! I stayed in bed and actually slept for 2 hours and I was able to take my dad to the doctor without that hanging in the back of my mind.
I don't have any new pictures to share of the project. Not too much has changed that is interesting enough to share. Some of the new light fixtures are up and I have a few holes cut out in the floor that they are fishing wiring through. Some of the drywall has been removed for wiring as well. See - nothing that interesting :)
Next week should bring more change. The electricians need one more day so they will be back on Monday. The drywall guy will be here on Tuesday to start making repairs. The electrical inspection will be on Wednesday and then the drywall guy should be able to close up the walls. The cement board will be put down and the flooring will be installed soon after. I can't wait to see that! It will be such a difference. The week beginning the 15th, the painter will be here - possibly 3-4 days for that. Then the cabinets will start to go in.
So lots of exciting changes will start to happen soon. I should have some pictures to share next week. Oh, and anyone have ideas for paint colors?? LOL :)
3 comments:
GREEN!!!!
glad it worked out, them not being there one day. looking forward to seeing more pictures
OH sis! I can't wait to see some updated photos! How exciting!!
Laura
Post a Comment