Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More News About My Dad :(

Just when you think you have things under control - life throws you another curve. 

Last Friday I got a call from my dad's thoracic surgeon's office. Apparently, the oncologist had been in contact with them (after reviewing the most recent CT scans) and suggested that someone needed to take a closer look at the kidney before his surgery. So, on Tuesday my Dad had an appointment with an urologist to take another look at the lesion on his kidney. Up to this point, we had been under the impression that it was just like a "water cyst" and wasn't anything to be concerned about. But that's not the case - this thing has now grown to about the size of a golf ball and the urologist is 99% sure that it is cancerous. This news is really upsetting to say the least.

For now, the surgery on Thursday will continue as planned. We are desperately hoping and praying that the lymph nodes in the mediastinum are clear and they will be able to proceed with removing the upper lobe of his left lung. Then on October 20th, he will go back to the urologist and be evaluated for surgery to remove the lesion from his kidney. The doctor said he wants to get the surgery on the kidney done within the next 6 weeks - before my dad starts chemo. So we were all pretty shocked and saddened by this report. 

Kitchen Project Update

I didn't get an update posted because there really isn't anything to talk about. The drywall guy finished repairing the holes in the wall and floor that the electrician had made. The painters arrived on Monday and have been painting away. The kitchen, foyer, both stairwells, and upstairs hallway is being painted Gobi Desert - it's in the last column, third down. The kitchen bathroom is being painted Sonata - it's the second column, third down. 

5 comments:

{S} said...

Oh no. (((((hugs))))) I'll be praying for him.

Cindy said...

Tammy you and your dad will be in my prayers.

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

Well shoot, that's sure NOT what you wanted to hear. I know it's hard/impossible not to worry, but do remember that I had kidney cancer and so did several husbands of our fellow scrapbookers on the forum. We all are fine now, and I pray that your dad will be too.
((((hugs))))

daiva e said...

(((Hugs))) I've been thinking of you all day. Call my cell if you or anyone else in your family needs anything tomorrow - I'm only about 15 mintues away.

Laurie said...

((hugs)) he'll be in my thoughts and prayers