Monday, December 08, 2008

Brandon is doing well. Thanks for the good thoughts :)

I wanted to share a little project I worked on tonight. It's called a Magic Box and it was one of the projects featured at this past weekend's online crop at Two Spotted Dogs. 

And when you open it up...............

Isn't it the cutest thing? Each of the inside boxes is roughly 3.5 inches square and roughly 1.5 inches deep, perfect for some little treats. I also made that bow myself with some matching paper. Now, the box itself needs a little help staying closed all the way so I made a paper band that is loose enough to slip off and on. The vintage holiday image I found online and just matted on a piece of the green patterned paper from the lid.

If you would like to try making one of these nifty little boxes you can find the instructions here. If you would like to make one of the handmade bows, you can find the instructions here. 

I took these pictures on my kitchen counter so you get a peek at the backsplash and granite countertops ;)


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Tammy......your box turned out wonderful!! I am gonna try to make one soon too!

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Cute project!! and I love the countertop and backsplash!! Tile backsplashes are awesome.

Jennifer said...

pretty magic box! Is it new kitchen in background?

I did the bow from 2SD.. love it lot.
(posted in my gallery in 2SD and my blog

Sherri said...

I saw this and love them but haven't attempted it yet. your's turned out great! I think it would be great in non-Christmas colors so someone could use it anytime.