Saturday, March 07, 2009

Looking for signs of Spring

I am so ready for Winter to be over! We've finally had a few days of warmer weather. I've been waiting for some nice days to get outside and take some pictures for my Project 365. Here's a few from the last two days . . . . . 

A couple of pics of the new lambs down at Mersinger's Farm. I think they are so cute and I'd bring one home if they would let me - and then I'd take it back when it got bigger, LOL :)  I'll probably have to run down there later in the spring when the adult sheep start loosing their wool. It's weird to see them with all this "fur" and the next day they are nekked. 

Just a picture of our lake - facing north. Soon it will be time to start fishing. 
I searched the yard looking for anything and I found this two little flowers in the front yard. The largest was about the size of a quarter. I have no idea what they are but I was thrilled to find them :0

On Friday I spent some time cleaning up a few things. I took apart the Vent-A-Hood in the kitchen and gave it a good cleaning - I hate doing this task but it's so necessary. Then I cleaned out the refrigerator in the garage. We won't be needing it now that the kitchen is finished. It's needed cleaning for a couple of months, but it's just been too cold to stand out there. Then I swept all the wintery debris out of the garage - leaves and cinders. Lastly I cleaned out the central vac collection thingy - Ick! But again, something that needed to be done. 

Today I spent the morning browsing the craft fair at the high school with my sister Cindy. I didn't really buy anything, seems like they have the same old thing they always had. When I got home, the boys and I spent the next three hours taking down some fencing that was falling down. They weren't too happy with me when I explained that all the nails would need to be pulled out of the boards before stacking up for the burn pile, but such is life. They'll get over it!

I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow (Sunday) so I plan on just taking it easy and getting some things done in the kitchen. It looks like a paper factory exploded in there. Oh, and laundry as well. David will be leaving again on Monday morning. 

Till next time,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis!
AWESOME photos! I love the one of the little lamb! He's so cute! :)
Sounds like you've been doing some tasks that aren't fun around the house! I understand the need to get them done though.

Keep up the great work on Project 365!!
Laura

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

hey there, my DD loves lambs...she will love to see the picutres. I love the flowers. good job

Sherri said...

cool photos!

Debbie said...

Hey, those "little" flowers are crocus. They are the first flowers of spring.They usually come up in late Feb. or early March. Love your new background. Wish I knew how to do all that fancy stuff...lol.
Lunch was fun. We have to do it more often !!!
Love you !!!