The school nurse called me to come pick up Bryan from school on Tuesday - he had a headache and his stomach hurt. Then today he wanted to stay home and go to the doctor. His appointment was at 10am so I sent him on his way while I stayed at home for the cooktop service guy to get here. He called a half hour later telling me the Dr was sending him to the hospital for a CT Scan. WTF??!! She told me the most pain he felt was near his appendix so she wanted the scan to see if he had appendicitis.
So I called to find someone to come sit with the repairman so I could go with Bryan. When we got to the radiology dept., they had him drink a red color "contrast" liquid. That needed to be in his system 1.5 hours before the scan so we went to the lab so he could get his blood work done. Then back to radiology to sit and wait until it was time for the scan. When he finally had the test, it only took 7-10 minutes. We were told to wait for the results - which meant another half hour wait
So the good news is he doesn't have appendicitis! Yea! He has an infection in the lymph nodes near the intestine called mesenteric lymphadenitis. He will be on antibiotics for a week. I'm just so thankful he didn't have to have surgery.
Not much else has been happening here...........just waiting patiently for the weather to get nicers.
Oh - just remembered.......the furnace went out on Monday. I spent most of the day in my scrap room (on the 2nd floor) and it's always cold in the winter. I always have a space heater running. Around 5:30pm I went down to the kitchen to make dinner and it was pretty chilly. I checked the thermostat and it said it was 68 degress. I checked with both boys to make sure they hadn't turned it down. A couple hours later the temp had dropped 3 more degrees. David's in NYC so I had to call my FIL to come over and investigate. He couldn't find anything other than maybe the ignitor needed to be replaced (we have a gas furnace with an electronic ignition thingy). They invited us to stay with them but I declined, thinking we'd be okay with the 2 small space heaters we have and the fireplace. In the morning the temp had dropped to 59 degrees - boy, was it chilly! Now why can't this happen when it's a bit warmer outside and not when the morning temp is 17 degrees?? I called the repairman and to make a long story short, the electronic heating element had gone out. So $400 later, we have heat and I'm a happy camper :)
Note to Sherri: "W." is a movie on the life and presidency of George W. Bush (directed by Oliver Stone). I'm glad I watched the movie, although I'm not sure I'd watch it a second time. Josh Brolin nailed the part of Bush but I thought most of the characters were overplayed. I'm also pretty sure that you might not like the fake Texan accents, LOL :)

4 comments:
WOW! never a dull moment around there, you need to take some time and pamper yourself! (((hugs)))
whew! so glad he is ok.. now take some time and rest!
Happy the diagnosis wasn't more serious!!
oh, okay. You are probably right, the fake accent would probably drive me crazy.
glad your son is okay
Post a Comment